Template for Lease Agreement: Different Types of Documents
You can always use the template for lease agreement from any source –as long as they are valid and they come in the right structure. After all, the legal contract will describe your responsibilities and rights – whether as the tenant or as the landlord. If you are a landlord, preparing the legal agreement is a must. If you are a tenant, you should be prepared to deal with one.
The Different Types
You probably only know room or house rental agreement, but there are actually different forms and template for lease agreement types.
- The commercial agreement. This is the type of agreement when renting the commercial property, like local and small business dwellings or high-rise offices
- The roommate agreement. This is most common in college years. As the name suggests, it is a written document among roommates that specify their relationship and certain arrangements for the accommodations. It is most common to include how much money each of the members need to pay for the rents and how the arrangement for the utilities.
- Month to month agreement. The month to month agreement is usually set between the tenant and landlord when the tenancy isn’t more than 11 or 12 months period. With this arrangement, both the tenants have the flexibility and easiness to cancel or renew the agreement. This scheme is mostly beneficial for the landlords because they have the flexibility to adjust the rental price or adjust the regulations.
- Sublease agreement. This agreement is crucial when a tenant rents a portion of the commercial property (or even all) for a certain period of time to another tenant. If you want to do this, you need to make sure whether your landlord and your local laws allow it. If you want to do this, you need to check your own rental agreement to make sure that you won’t violate the regulation
- The residential agreement. This is the contrary to commercial lease. When you rent a property and you intend to live there, this agreement should be done. It is applicable generally for apartment or house lease
- The lease cancellation agreement. When you want to cancel a lease contract before the agreed date, this is the agreement that you should have.
Getting the Templates
Getting the right templates can be overwhelming and confusing. It is a good thing that we have our own extensive collections of the different types of lease agreement. You are welcomed to browse and explore our template for lease agreement samples.