Rental Agreement for a Room: Addition of Clauses
When you are ready to rent out a room, make sure that you understand and know what kind of rental agreement for a room template to use. Although you can always find many templates out there, it would be better if you know your own needs –and preference. One thing to consider is to add the legal elements to your agreement form. It would be wise if you can add the important clauses to your letter.
The Important Clauses
Clauses won’t only make your lease look better but you can also have an extra protection to your property. Clauses, after all, are the most efficient way to minimize legal issues. With the clauses, your agreement would look like a legit guidebook that you can use to manage and face different situations.
Do you know that there are several clauses to include in the rental agreement for a room? Here they are:
- Jointly and Severally liable. It means both and equally. The tenants signing the contract is responsible for paying the rent as well as upholding all the aspects. It means that all of the roommates are responsible equally for paying the rent amount every month.
- Severability clause. With this clause, if there is one clause or phrase of the lease is considered invalid, the rest of them will remain valid. It means that your lease won’t be invalid simply because one wrong or incorrect phrase
- Attorney fee. If there is a lawsuit and you are considered the prevailing party, this clause would make sure that your legal fees would be given to you by the court
- Lessee to maintain. The tenant is responsible for maintaining the condition of the unit including the carbon monoxide/smoke detectors, fixtures, or appliances. If they damage the unit, then they would be responsible for the payment. If they move out and then you find damages, they remain responsible for the damages. It allows you to reduce the damage cost from their security deposit. Or you can bill them straight.
- Access to premises. As the landlord, it is okay to access the property as long as you provide proper notice and it is within reasonable hours. This clause allows you to enter the property even without a notice in the event of
If you want to know more about the rental agreement clauses, you can check the valid template. We have a lot of different collections for the rental agreement for a room templates – feel free to browse them around.