Free Templates of Michigan Renters Agreement
In this article, we’re going to release our templates of Michigan renters agreement to the public. All templates are free to download without any restrictions. If you run a rental business and in need of a reliable and safe agreement before accepting a prospect tenant, feel free to download the templates. We hope that our templates can help many landlords running their businesses without any kind of problems.
Rental Agreement for Landlords
What we’re talking about in this article isn’t just a regular rental agreement, it’s a Michigan renters agreement. Running a rental business without knowing or applying the state law is a very bad idea. You could face against the law and probably have to pay a hefty fine for that mistake.
To write a proper Michigan rental agreement, you need to state the following information without fail:
- The date when the lease becomes effective and when it ends. A standard lease agreement could last up to one year and you should state whether it’s a standard lease agreement or month-to-month agreement.
- Identify the landlord and the tenant by their legal names and their designation.
- There must be a section called “Rent”. In that section you must explain the total amount of rent over the leasing period, how much is due each month, when the rent is due, and how it should be paid.
- Every tenant responsible for the lease must have their names listed. The tenants must also know that their names are listed and thus deemed responsible for the lease.
- There must be a section called “security deposit”. This state the amount of money the tenant has to pay to the landlord as the security deposit, when the deposit was paid, and the bank and address of the bank where the deposit is being held.
- List the number of the occupants who may live on the premises. The maximum number of occupants may be determined by the county law.
- List the appliances or furniture provided by the landlord that the tenant could use.
- There must be a section called “repairs and maintenance”. It explains how the tenant could request for repairs, phone number to report gas leaks, wiring problems, water damage, structural damage, and broken furniture.
- State clearly whether pets are allowed in the premises or not. There may be some free to allow tenants to keep pets inside.
Anyway, check out our templates of Michigan renters agreement below.